RV Connections Blog
- 0 0Published on Apr 04, 2016
By: Jordan Brandes
It is officially spring and there is no better way to celebrate it than on a beach soaking up the sun. One of our favorite travel destinations is Panama City Beach located right on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico. The further down your drive the warmer the climate becomes until it turns into a tropical paradise.
Below you will find our top destination spots in Panama City. If you only go to four places on your trip, it should be these four.
- WonderWorks: Not for the faint of heart the WonderWorks Museum is filled with more than 100 hands-on exhibits that will not only test your creativity but, in some cases, your sanity as well. Before entering the building you must walk through a backwards runnel that forces you to invert your perspective in order to pass. That’s just for starters.
Inside you will find everything from mind blowing art galleries to feats of physical strength. Learn how to lie down on a bed of nails safely, play a giant piano, step into the Hurricane Shack for a first-hand experience of a natural disaster and so much more.
- Gator Country Alligator Park: As a part of Airboat Adventures you will take a trip into Gator Country where you will get up close and personal with some of the oldest and fiercest creatures on the planet. Ride along the real backwaters and rivers of Florida for an experience you and your family will never forget.
- Grand Lagoon Waterfront Farmers’ Market: The year-round market is a hot spot for both locals and tourists making it the place to be on weekends. The market boasts an all-volunteer staff with a mission to raise agricultural awareness in the region while enhancing economic opportunities in the communities they serve. The market is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Captain Anderson's.
- Buster’s Beer and Bait: With the motto, "Liquor in the Front...Bait in the Back", Buster’s combines two great American pastimes -- drinking and fishing. When you're finished boating, just call the restaurant on VHF marine channel 69 or on your cell at (850) 234-9250 and we'll pick you up and drive you back to your truck and trailer. Everyday is a party at Buster’s with events that include Bike Night Tuesday, Ladies Night Wednesday and Pirate Fest Sunday.
No matter what your reasons are for visiting, there is always something to do at Panama City Beach. With its beaches, nightclubs and family attractions there will be plenty of reasons to stay this spring. Make sure to make time to come check out RV Connections and all of our specials that could make your beach camping and Florida travel even more convenient!